These 1st Grade RL Literature Digital Passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature or fiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they’re made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for first grade students. There are a total of 61 passages for 1st graders to use with literature or fiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers are a digital version of the resources that come from my non-digital ELA units. They’ve been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom.
- RL1.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 10 passages
- RL1.2- Recount a Story- 10 passages
- RL1.3- Story Elements- 8 passages
- RL1.4- Sensory Words & Feelings Words- 5 passages
- RL1.5- Fiction or Nonfiction- 8 passages
- RL1.6- Point of View- 6 passages
- RL1.7- Illustrations in a Text- 6 passages
- RL1.9- Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts- 8 passages (4 sets of 2 passages)
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 8 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you’d like to use these graphic organizers…
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Literature Standards Included in 1st Grade RL Literature Digital Passages:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.1- Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.2- Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.3- Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.4- Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.5- Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.6- Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.7- Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.9- Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
There are no reviews yet.