These 2nd Grade RI Informational Digital Graphic Organizers are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on or nonfiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they’re made in Google Slides! As students read nonfiction texts, they will use these graphic organizers for further learning. They are all Common-Core standards-based worksheets for second grade students. There are a total of 62 graphic organizers for 2nd graders to use with informational, or nonfiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers are a digital version of the graphic organizers that come from my non-digital ELA units. They’ve been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom.
- RI2.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 8 graphic organizers
- RI2.2- Main Topic- 8 graphic organizers
- RI2.3- Making Connections- 8 graphic organizers
- RI2.4- Unknown Words and Context Clues- 6 graphic organizers
- RI2.5- Text Features- 7 graphic organizers
- RI2.6- Author’s Purpose- 8 graphic organizers
- RI2.7- Images in a Text- 5 graphic organizers
- RI2.8- Author’s Point and Reasons- 5 graphic organizers
- RI2.9- Compare and Contrast- 7 graphic organizers
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 9 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you’d like to use these graphic organizers…
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Informational Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.1- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.2- Identify the main topic of a multi-paragraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.3- Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.4- Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.5- Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.6- Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.7- Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.8- Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.9- Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
This 2nd Grade RI Informational Digital Graphic Organizers purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you want to share with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses here. Please contact me for a site license quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.