This 2nd Grade RI Informational Digital Passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on information, or nonfiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they’re made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for second grade students. There are a total of 89 passages for 2nd graders to use with informational, or nonfiction texts.
Keep in mind that these passages are a digital version of the passages that come from my non-digital ELA units. They’ve been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom.
- RI2.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 9 passages
- RI2.2- Main Topic- 11 passages
- RI2.3- Making Connections- 9 passages
- RI2.4- Unknown Words and Context Clues- 9 passages
- RI2.5- Text Features- 9 passages
- RI2.6- Author’s Purpose- 9 passages
- RI2.7- Images in a Text- 8 passages
- RI2.8- Author’s Point and Reasons- 9 passages
- RI2.9- Compare and Contrast- 16 passages (8 sets of passages)
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 9 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you’d like to use these graphic organizers…
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Informational Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.1- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.2- Identify the main topic of a multi-paragraph text as well as the focus of specific paragraphs within the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.3- Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.4- Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.5- Know and use various text features (e.g., captions, bold print, subheadings, glossaries, indexes, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text efficiently.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.6- Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.7- Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.8- Describe how reasons support specific points the author makes in a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.2.9- Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic.
This 2nd Grade RI Informational Digital Passages purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you want to share with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. Please contact me for a site license quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.