These digital passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on information, or nonfiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they’re made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for third grade students. There are a total of 67 passages for 3rd graders to use with informational, or nonfiction texts.
Keep in mind that these passages are a digital version of the passages that come from my non-digital ELA units. They’ve been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom.
- RI3.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 6 passages
- RI3.2- Main Idea and Details- 7 passages
- RI3.3- Making Connections- 10 passages
- RI4.4- Unknown Words and Context Clues- 6 passages
- RI3.5- Text Features- 8 passages
- RI3.6- Point of View- 6 passages
- RI3.7- Images in a Text- 6 passages
- RI3.8- Organizing Texts- 6 passages
- RI3.9- Compare and Contrast- 12 passages [6 sets of passages]
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 9 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you’d like to use these graphic organizers…
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Informational Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.1- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.2- Determine the main idea of a text; recount the key details and explain how they support the main idea.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.3- Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.4- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.5- Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.6- Distinguish their own point of view from that of the author of a text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.7- Use information gained from illustrations (e.g., maps, photographs) and the words in a text to demonstrate understanding of the text (e.g., where, when, why, and how key events occur).
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.8- Describe the logical connection between particular sentences and paragraphs in a text (e.g., comparison, cause/effect, first/second/third in a sequence).
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.9- Compare and contrast the most important points and key details presented in two texts on the same topic.