These 3rd Grade RL Literature Digital Graphic Organizers are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on or fiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they’re made in Google Slides! As students read fictional texts, they will use these graphic organizers for further learning. They are all Common-Core standards-based worksheets for third grade students. There are a total of 85 graphic organizers for 3rd graders to use with literature or fiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers are a digital version of the graphic organizers that come from my non-digital ELA units. They’ve been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom.
- RL3.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 7 graphic organizers
- RL3.2- Recount a Story- 13 graphic organizers
- RL3.3- Character Focus & Story Elements- 10 graphic organizers
- RL3.4- Figurative Language & Context Clues- 7 graphic organizers
- RL3.5- Story Structure- 14 graphic organizers
- RL3.6- Point of View- 11 graphic organizers
- RL3.7- Illustrations in a Text- 10 graphic organizers
- RL3.9- Comparing and Contrasting Two Texts- 13 graphic organizers
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 8 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you’d like to use these graphic organizers…
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Literature Standards Included:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.1- Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.2- Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.3- Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.4- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, distinguishing literal from nonliteral language.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.5- Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.6- Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.7- Explain how specific aspects of a text’s illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story (e.g., create mood, emphasize aspects of a character or setting)
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.9- Compare and contrast the themes, settings, and plots of stories written by the same author about the same or similar characters (e.g., in books from a series)
This 3rd Grade RL Literature Digital Graphic Organizers Unit purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you want to share with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses here. Please contact me for a site license quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.