This RL.2.9 Compare and Contrast Fiction Texts unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RL.2.9. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the unit is still valuable to use when teaching students to find similarities in differences in stories.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages and graphic organizers are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans, small group activities, and assessments are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL that you’re getting!
In the pack you will receive:
- 3 Mini Lessons
- 10 Graphic Organizers
- 10 Lexile leveled Passages (5 stories with 2 stories per page) (levels listed below)
- 7 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards for Stories
- 1 Summative Assessment
- Answer Keys for certain lesson plan activities, all passages, and assessment
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- 1: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (450L) & Ginger and the Three Bikes (570L)
- 2: The Ugly Duckling (480L) & The Frog With No Legs (590L)
- 3: Ant and the Grasshopper (400L) & Cardinal and Robin (460L)
- 4: The Boy Who Cried ‘Ow’ (570L) & The Cat Who Cried ‘Mouse’ (500L)
- 5: The Turtle and the Rabbit (540L) & The Sloth and the Toucan (500L)
- Assessment Set: Text 1 (500L) & Text 2 (480L)
Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story (e.g., Cinderella stories) by different authors or from different cultures.
If you’re interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 2nd Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
*Update– A few lessons have been changed, and 2 new passages have been added, so that there are more differences between 1st and 2nd grade sets. The 1st Grade version of this standard has similar activities, but there are different topics.*
This RL.2.9 Compare and Contrast Fiction Texts unit purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
Click here for the READING bundle.
Click here for the ELA ALL-YEAR curriculum bundle.