This RI.2.9 Compare and Contrast unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RI 2.9. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the unit is still valuable to use when teaching students to compare and contrast two nonfiction texts on similar topics.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages and graphic organizers are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans, small group activities, and assessments are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL that you’re getting!
In the pack you will receive:
- 3 Mini Lessons
- 7 Graphic Organizers
- 16 (8 sets) Lexile leveled Passages (levels listed below)
- 4 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards for any text
- 1 Summative Assessment (with answer key)
- Answer Keys for certain lesson plan activities, all passages, and assessment
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- Making Guacamole (580L) and Making Salsa (570L
- Clownfish (530L) and Lionfish (570L)
- All About Tornadoes (640L) and Staying Safe (650L)
- iPods (550L) and iPads (570L)
- How Video Games Help (660L) and How Video Games Hurt (690L)
- Recycling Our Way to a Cleaner Earth (600L) and Reusing Our Way to a Cleaner Earth (670L)
- A Friendly Ocean Animal (680L) and A Fierce Ocean Animal (660L)
- Warm Weather Penguins (570L) and Cold Weather Penguins (530L)
- Assessment Reading #1 (A Nocturnal Flying Bird)- 460L
- Assessment Reading #2 (A Nocturnal Flying Mammal)- 490L
Compare and contrast the most important points presented by two texts on the same topic
If you’re interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 2nd Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
*Update– A few lessons have been changed, and 3 new passages have been added, so that there are more differences between 1st and 2nd grade sets. The 1st Grade version of this standard has similar activities, but there are different topics.*
This RI.2.9 Compare and Contrast unit purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
Click here for the READING bundle.
Click here for the ELA ALL-YEAR curriculum bundle.