This free counting money math activity is perfect for students who are learning to count coins. It is an ‘I have/Who Has’ game dealing with counting up pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Some of the cards are like-coins and some are mixed-coins.
The sums of the coins in the game do not exceed the amount of 30 cents. There are 28 cards. You can adjust the game by giving some students double cards if you have less than 28 students.
To play the game:
- Print out and laminate cards, then cut each ‘I have, Who Has’ card individually.
- Give each student one card (some may get two if you have less than 28 students).
- One student will read aloud his or her card, while other students count the coins on their card to see if they match. If they are the match, they continue the game by reading their coins and asking the next question.
Looking for other money activities?
- Money Activities Unit
- Common Core Aligned 2MD8- Money Word Problems
- Measurement and Data Printables (Common Core Aligned)
- Measurement and Data Centers (Common Core Aligned)
Like this resource? Make sure to follow my store to keep up with brand new products!
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses for a discount through the TeachersPayTeachers tool. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.