These Kindergarten RL Literature Digital Passages are standards-based activities for students to use when focusing on literature or fiction standards. These are perfect for Google Classroom and they’re made in Google Slides! Students will read the standards-based passages, annotate their text, then answer comprehension questions about the text and the standard. They are all Common-Core standards-based passages for kindergarten students. There are a total of 43 passages for kindergartners to use with literature or fiction texts.
Keep in mind that these graphic organizers are a digital version of the resources that come from my non-digital ELA units. They’ve been reformatted so that they work in Google Classroom.
- RL.K.1- Ask and Answer Questions- 5 passages
- RL.K.2- Retell a Story- 5 passages
- RL.K.3- Story Elements- 5 passages
- RL.K.4- Unknown Words- 5 passages
- RL.K.5- Types of Text- 8 passages
- RL.K.6- Authors and Illustrators- 5 passages
- RL.K.7- Illustrations in a Text- 5 passages
- RL.K.9- Comparing and Contrasting- 5 passages
When you purchase this bundle, you will receive a PDF handout. This handout will have links to the 8 different ELA standards sets.
You can choose how you’d like to use these graphic organizers…
- Copy the specific slide you need and share it with your students.
- Share the entire presentation for them to fill out by a certain date or for use when they are reading independently.
- Create a graphic organizer folder for your students to access whichever ones they want/need.
Common Core Reading Literature Standards included in Kindergarten RL Literature Digital Passages:
With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
Ask and answer questions about unknown words in a text.
Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
With prompting and support, name the author and illustrator of a story and define the role of each in telling the story.
With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the story in which they appear (e.g., what moment in a story an illustration depicts).
(RL.K.8 not applicable to literature)
With prompting and support, compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in familiar stories.
There are no reviews yet.