Reading comprehension is a big skill necessary for success in elementary grades. Paired passages help practice these comprehension skills. This April themed product comes with 5 paired sets, which is 10 passages. Each set comes with a nonfiction story and a fiction story, plus questions and comprehension work for both. There are also 2 sheets that work on comparing the fiction and nonfiction stories. This packet is for April themes!
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages are now created in Google Slides.
This product comes in three different formats…
- Traditional printable sheets
- Interactive notebook pages
- Google Slides
The best thing about this product is that you get to choose whether you want to use it as an interactive notebook or just plain printables! When you unzip the file, there will be two documents. They are the SAME product, just in different formats.
- If you choose to use it in an interactive notebook format, then you will double click the Interactive Notebook Format PDF in the unzipped file. This can be used with spiral bound notebooks, composition notebooks, or 3 ring binders with loose leaf paper.
- If you choose to use the traditional format, then these printables are ready to be printed and used! No prep necessary!
- If you choose the DIGITAL format, open the traditional PDF, scroll to page 5 and click the link for digital access in Google Slides.
- Arbor Day & Tree Planting Contest
- Rain & Why I Dislike Rain
- Easter & Spilled Dye
- Earth Day & Our Class Project
- Plants & Helping My Family Garden
These passages are not lexiled for vocabulary reasons, but the pack is made for my second grade class. Higher first grade students would really benefit from this. It can also be used in a first grade class as a guided activity. This can be great practice for third grade students as well.
*This product is part of a bundle. You can save big money if you buy this product in the bundle. Check it out here!
Check out my similar paired passages sets:
This Paired Passages April purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you want to share with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses here. Please contact me for a site license quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.