This poetry unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RL.1.4. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the pack is still valuable to use when teaching poetry, sensory words, feelings, and how the author uses words and phrases to help prove these.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages and graphic organizers are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans, small group activities, and assessments are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL that you’re getting!
In the pack you will receive:
- 4 Mini Lessons
- 9 Graphic Organizers
- 5 Lexile leveled Passages or Poems (levels listed below)
- 5 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards for Poetry and Stories
- 1 Summative Assessment
- Answer Keys for certain lesson plan activities, all passages, and assessment
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- My Lucky Shirt- 330L (poetry can skew Lexile scores)
- My Germs- 430L
- The Elephant House- 470L
- The Crab- 380L (poetry can skew Lexile scores)
- The Pond- 520L (poetry can skew Lexile scores)
- Assessment Reading #1- 480L (poetry can skew Lexile scores)
- Assessment Reading #2- 360L
If you’re interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 1st Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
Click here for the READING bundle.
Click here for the ELA ALL-YEAR curriculum bundle.
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.