This RL.3.5 Story Structure in Text, Poems, and Plays unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RL.3.5. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the unit is still valuable to use when teachings students how to refer back to the text for evidence when answering questions, as well as how poems, plays, dramas, and stories sequence and events build on each other.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages and graphic organizers are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans, small group activities, and assessments are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL that you’re getting in this Story Structure RL3.5 pack!
In the pack you will receive:
- 3 Mini Lessons
- 14 Graphic Organizers
- 7 Lexile leveled Passages (levels listed below)
- 7 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards to use with any text
- 1 Summative Assessment (with answer key)
- Answer Keys for certain lesson plan activities, all passages, and assessment
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- Visiting Aunt Angela (chapter book excerpt)- 790L
- Chore Fun (story)- 630L
- A Trip to the Principal (play)- 630L
- The Tiger and the Toucan (poem)- 610L
- Toothbrush Games (story)- 630L
- A Buggy Business Deal (play)- 620L
- Dirty Face (poem)- 480L (poetry affects Lexile scores)
- Assessment Reading #1- 790L
- Assessment Reading #2- 840L
Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
If you’re interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 3rd Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
Click here for the READING bundle.
Click here for the ELA ALL-YEAR curriculum bundle.
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews yet.