This RL.4.2 Determining Theme in Literature Text unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RL.4.2. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the unit is still valuable to use when teaching 4th grade students to determine theme and summarizing.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages and graphic organizers are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans, small group activities, and assessments are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL that you’re getting in this Inferences RL.4.1 pack!
In the pack you will receive:
- 4 Mini Lessons
- 11 Graphic Organizers
- 7 Lexile leveled Passages (levels listed below)
- 9 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards
- 1 Summative Assessment (with answer key)
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- How the Kangaroo Got Its Pouch- 640L
- Thunder and Lightning- 630L
- The Ant and the Dove- 860L
- Arachne’s Lesson- 800L
- Who Knew?- 540L (poems will not always give accurate Lexile scores)
- The Crow and the Pitcher- 860L
- Icarus’s Wings- 880L
- Assessment Reading #1- (The Ant and the Grasshopper) 710L
- Assessment Reading #1- (The Golden Touch) 710L
Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text; summarize the text.
If you’re interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 4th Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
Click here for the READING bundle.
Click here for the ELA ALL-YEAR curriculum bundle.
This RL.4.2 Determining Theme in Literature Text unit purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.