This product includes 15 (5 brand new) winter stories for Reader’s Theater. Reader’s Theater is a great way for students to practice fluency and expression. It is always a great team building activity for groups of two, three, or four students! The topics range from winter fun, fictional winter animals, holidays such as New Years and Martin Luther King Jr., and winter sports.
There are 15 winter-themed reader’s theater scripts within this unit. They range between two to four characters. Each script comes with a cover page, headband or necklace pieces, color copies, or black and white copies for each script. The color version scripts are highlighted for each character. There are also headbands for each character to help when the readers are presenting to their classmates.
- has a cover page
- comes with headband or necklace images for characters
- has highlighted color copies for each character
- has black & white copy
There are also 6 graphic organizers for reader’s responses. They cover different reading strategies, such as story elements, answering questions, and comparing two texts. These 6 graphic organizers were collected from my ELA units.
- Learning to Ski (2 characters)
- Penguin Pals (2 characters)
- Groundhog Day (2 characters)
- It’s Time to Migrate (2 characters)
- Presidents’ Day Debate (2 characters)
- Our Snow Day (3 characters)
- Skating Lessons (3 characters)
- New Year’s Eve (3 characters)
- Martin Luther King Jr. (3 characters)
- The Big Game (3 characters)
- Our New Year Party (3 characters) [Chinese New Year]
- How to Build a Snowman (4 characters)
- The Sledding Race (4 characters)
- What Can Yetis Do? (4 characters)
- Valentine’s Day in Room 202 (4 characters)
**This resource was updated in 2019 with new fonts and clip art.
**Made for a first grade classroom, marked for second grade for practice with fluency, expression, and sight words.