This RL.1.9 Compare and Contrast Two Stories unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RL.1.9. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the pack is still valuable to use when teaching students to find similarities in differences in stories.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages and graphic organizers are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans, small group activities, and assessments are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL that you’re getting!
In the first grade RL1.9 pack you will receive:
- 3 Mini Lessons
- 9 Graphic Organizers
- 8 Lexile leveled Passages (4 sets with 2 stories per page) (levels listed below)
- 6 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards for Stories
- 1 Summative Assessment
- Answer Keys for certain lesson plan activities, all passages, and assessment
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- 1: Ant and Grasshopper (320L) & Cardinal and Robin (360L)
- 2: The Boy Who Cried Ow (450L) & The Cat Who Cried Mouse (480L)
- 3: Becca’s First Day (410L) & Becca’s Last Day (460L)
- 4: The Turtle and the Rabbit (380L) & The Sloth and the Toucan (390L)
- Assessment Set: Text 1 (430L) & Text 2 (450L)
If you’re interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 1st Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
Click here for the READING bundle.
Click here for the ELA ALL-YEAR curriculum bundle.
Please keep in mind that the 2nd grade version of this packet is very similar, but some of the passages have a bit more complexity. The activities and worksheets are the same.
This RL.1.9 Compare and Contrast Two Stories unit purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you’re interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.